14. Things you and I can do to turn this state around after seeing Inside Job and taking this seminar.
1. Vote against the candidates preaching austerity.
2. Vote for the funding of public education. See. www.choosingdemocracy.blogspot.com
3. Search for progressive democrats. Search for candidates honestly discussing the economy. You can use social security as a test case.
4. Talk to your neighbors about the issues.
5. Shut off Fox News.
6. Move your money to a credit union or a local bank.
8. Sit quietly for 10 minutes per day. Shut off all radio, TV, telephone. Think about additional ways to promote economic democracy.
9. Copy this list. Give it to friends, neighbors, colleagues. ( do not send via e mail. Personally give it to them).
110. Post suggestions of Facebook, twitter, etc. Respond to crazy ideas posted there.
111. Sit down and read. Prepare yourself. Then take action. Consistently read material from outside the corporate owned media. ( ie. Alternet., Common Dreams, The Real News Network.)
112. Understand the issues of pensions and public pensions.
113. Join an organization working for economic and social justice. ( like Sacramento Progressive Alliance). www.sacramentopa.blogspot.com
Belonging to a group, working with a group, keeps you motivated.
Or, Join DSA. www.dsausa.org
114. Think of 2 additional ways to promote economic justice. Post them on your list.